Home Networking service AT&T and Verizon agree to delay 5G rollout for two weeks

AT&T and Verizon agree to delay 5G rollout for two weeks

1
0

Verizon and AT&T said Monday they had agreed to delay the rollout of their 5G wireless service at the request of the Secretary of Transportation. Pete ButtigiegPete ButtigiegAT&T and Verizon push back Buttigieg’s request to delay 5G rollout Biden 2021: The less good, the bad and the ugly Buttigieg, FAA chief calls for delay in 5G rollout due to concerns PLUS airlines.

Last week, Buttigieg and Federal Aviation Administration administrator Steve Dickson sent a letter to the two wireless companies, asking them to delay the rollout of their 5G services amid fears that flights could be disrupted. .

AT&T CEO John Stankey and Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg initially opposed the call, responding to Buttigieg and Dickson that 5G and aviation have already been shown to coexist. The two CEOs have said they will stick to their plan to limit their 5G services for the first half of 2022.

However, on Monday, the two companies appeared to have softened at the request of the federal government.

“We have agreed to a two week deadline that promises the certainty of bringing our revolutionary 5G network to this nation in January, delivered over America’s best and most reliable wireless network,” said a spokesperson. Verizon spoke to The Hill in a statement.

An AT&T spokesperson said: “At the request of Secretary Buttigieg, we have voluntarily agreed to an additional two weeks for the deployment of our C-Band 5G services. We also remain committed to the mitigation measures for the six-month protection zone that we described in our letter. We know that aviation safety and 5G can coexist and we are confident that continued collaboration and technical assessment will solve any problems. “

Deployment of 5G services was initially scheduled to begin on January 5. In their letter, Buttigieg and Dickson said that “barring any unforeseen technical challenges or new security concerns,” 5G services would be allowed to launch almost as a priority by the end of March. of this year.

Source link

Disclaimer! NewsConcerns is an automatic aggregator of all media in the world. In each content, the hyperlink to the main source is specified. All trademarks are the property of their rightful owners, all documents are the property of their authors. If you are the content owner and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. Content will be removed within 24 hours.


Source link